- Medicaid (MassHealth)
- Supplemental/Medigap insurance
- Most commercial plans
- BCBSMA (including Medicare Advantage products)
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Network Health
- Tufts Commercial only (not Tufts Medicare)
- United (including Medicare products)
We are continuously adding new insurance providers. Please call if you have questions about your specific plan.
Yes, HomeMD will automatically bill your secondary insurance for any charges that are not covered by a patient’s primary insurance.
- No. Any patient, family member or health care personnel can make a referral to become a HomeMD patient.
- The only requirements are that the patient must be age 65 or over, have difficulty leaving the home, and live within one of the communities we serve.
- Call our care coordinator at (888) 281-0011.
- During the initial telephone call, our care coordinator will gather basic information and conduct a brief pre-screening with you over the phone.
- If our services are appropriate for your needs, our care coordinator will send you a new patient welcome packet with forms to be filled out and collected by the clinician at your first visit.
- The patient must NOT be in need of an emergency first visit.
Due to the nature of our practice and to ensure coverage of our entire service area, our HomeMD team members are assigned specific geographic territories where they provide care. Patients are assigned to our providers based on where they live. However, if you have a preference, every effort will be made to honor that request if at all feasible.
On average, patients are visited about once a month. Patients may be seen more or less frequently based on their individual needs.
Patients can contact our office at 888-281-0011 to request a visit. Your assigned clinician will call you to schedule your visit. Our HomeMD team is assigned specific geographic areas. Patients are scheduled with team members who travel to those locations. Your visit will be scheduled between 9 am to 5 pm, and a window of time will be given for your visit. Exact times are not given because of factors such as traffic and the length of other patient’s visits.
HomeMD does not routinely make after-hours or weekend visits, but a clinician is available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Clinicians take turns managing weekend phone calls so our patients, their caregivers, or family members always have access to a HomeMD clinician.
Yes. When you apply to be a HomeMD patient, we ask that you sign a release stating that our clinician will take over as your primary care provider.
Because our clinicians spend all day out in the field seeing patients, the best way to contact them with a medical question is to call our office at 888-281-0011. Our care coordinators are in contact with the HomeMD team throughout the day and will be able to make sure they receive your message. Patient and family calls are returned as soon as possible throughout the day, always the same day as received. After 5 pm, our on-call answering service is available and can connect you to the clinician on call.