April 9, 2018
Care Dimensions Opens New Hospice House in MetroWest
Care Dimensions President and CEO Patricia Ahern (center) officially opens the new Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln surrounded by Care Dimensions board members and senior management staff.
DANVERS Mass. — Care Dimensions, the largest hospice provider in Massachusetts, is pleased to announce the opening of its new inpatient hospice facility, the Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln, MA on the Waltham line. The new 18-bed, 27,600-square-foot inpatient hospice facility will provide a home-like setting for terminally ill individuals needing hospital-level care for pain and symptom management.
“We are excited to announce the opening of this much needed inpatient hospice facility in MetroWest,” said Patricia Ahern, CEO and President of Care Dimensions. “The Care Dimensions Hospice House is not a hospital, nursing home or rehabilitation facility, but a home-like setting where hospice physicians, nurses and support staff provide 24-hour care and where visiting family members can spend quality time, including overnight stays, with their loved one.”
Situated on 12 acres of land, the Care Dimensions Hospice House has easy access to Route 128/95, and sits on a tranquil, wooded area with views of the Cambridge Reservoir. The new facility is one of six inpatient hospice houses in the Commonwealth, including Care Dimensions’ Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers, the first licensed hospice house in the state, which opened in 2005.
The Care Dimensions Hospice House was designed with all the comforts of home in mind where patients and their visitors will benefit from:
- 18-private spacious and furnished suites, featuring wheelchair accessible private bathrooms, HD TV, WiFi access, in-room mini-refrigerators and patios or window seating.
- Visitors are welcome 24 hours a day and each room includes a sofa bed for overnight quests. Leashed pets are also welcome.
- An interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, hospice aides and volunteers – all with extensive expertise in end-of-life care.
- Complementary therapies including massage, music and art therapy, Reiki, compassionate touch and pet therapy to aide in relaxation and comfort and to decrease physical pain and stress.
- Family gathering spaces with comfortable seating, a fish tank, fireplaces, office spaces, a contemplation chapel and solarium.
- Children’s play areas with toys and games.
- Two visitor kitchens and cafe areas with complimentary coffee, tea and snacks.
- A contemplation garden, children’s garden area and outdoor walking paths.
The design and construction team for the new facility included: Windover Construction of Beverly; EGA Architects of Newburyport; Beals + Thomas, civil engineering of Southborough; HBLA Inc. , landscape architects of Portsmouth, and Siemasko+Verbridge, interior design of Beverly. The project was financed through a $17.5 million tax-exempt MassDevelopment bond, which was purchased by People’s United Bank.
Care Dimensions is accredited by The Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) and was a recipient of the 2015 Circle of Life Award, a prestigious national recognition granted by the American Hospital Association that recognizes innovations in palliative and end-of-life care.
For more information or to view a video tour of the new Care Dimensions Hospice House, please visit www.CareDimensions.org/CDHH. To schedule a tour of the new facility, please email CDHHTours@caredimensions.org or call 781-373-6616.
About Care Dimensions
Making a Difference in Countless Lives for 40 years
Care Dimensions is the largest hospice and palliative care provider to adults and children in Massachusetts. As a non-profit, community-based leader in advanced illness care, Care Dimensions provides comprehensive hospice, palliative care, grief support and teaching programs in more than 90 communities in Eastern Massachusetts. Celebrating 40 years of service, Care Dimensions was founded in 1978 as Hospice of the North Shore, and cares for patients wherever they live – in their homes, in skilled nursing facilities and assisted living communities, in hospitals, or at our two inpatient hospice facilities (the new Care Dimension Hospice House in Lincoln, and the Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers). To learn more about Care Dimensions or to view a tour of our hospice houses, please visit www.CareDimensions.org.
Care Dimensions Hospice House Video Tour
The Care Dimensions Hospice House, located in Lincoln on the Waltham town line, is a gracious and private home-like setting for patients who need hospital-level care for complex pain and symptom management. To learn more, call our Referral Center at 888-287-1255.