The Care Dimensions Hospice House—
Hospital-level Care, for Patients Who Don’t Want to Be in a Hospital
Sometimes situations arise that make it difficult for adults and children receiving hospice care to be cared for at home. The Care Dimensions Hospice House offers an alternative to hospitalization for patients who require specialized care for acute pain and symptom management.
Located minutes away from Routes I-95 and 128 on 12 wooded acres in Lincoln on the Waltham town line, the Care Dimensions Hospice House is a warm, homelike setting where patients receive hospital-level medical care, comfort and support. Private suites overlook the Cambridge Reservoir and landscaped gardens, and comfortable common areas include welcoming kitchen and dining areas, family rooms, children’s play areas, and a chapel. Friends and family are welcome any time.
Scheduled to be completed at the end of March 2018, the new inpatient hospice house features 18 private patient suites, including two pediatric suites. To learn more or to schedule a tour of the new house, please call our Referral Center at 888-287-1255.
Take a Video Tour of the Care Dimensions Hospice House
A Home Away From Home
The Care Dimensions Hospice House features many of the same attributes that have made Kaplan House such a refuge for patients and families, including:
- 18 tastefully decorated home-like private suites with wheelchair-accessible bathrooms; two rooms can be equipped for pediatric patients
- 10 suites have private patios overlooking landscaped gardens, and patient beds can be wheeled outside.
- 8 suites have a built-in window seat with comfy cushions and pillows and overlooking landscaped gardens.
- Considerable space to accomodate a reclining chair/rocker, table and chairs, and a comfortable couch that converts to a twin-sized bed allowing loved ones to stay overnight
- In-room mini-refridgerator, HD television with cable and WiFi internet access
- A warm, welcoming atmosphere with kitchens and dining spaces, living rooms, chapel and contemplation garden, children's playrooms with toys and games, meeting rooms and counseling areas
- A serene, tranquil environment with lovely gardens, pathways and views of the Cambridge Reservoir
- Easy access, centrally located close to I-95/Route 128
Levels of Care
When opened, the Care Dimensions Hospice House will admit patients from home or upon discharge from the hospital. We provide different levels of care:
- Inpatient/acute care for complex pain and symptom management
- Respite care to relieve caregivers, based on availability
- Short-term residential care, based on availability and requires a room and board charge
Making Yourself at HomeVisitors are welcome at any time. Care Dimensions affirms the equal visitation rights to the Care Dimensions Hospice House for all patients and visitors without regard to their race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Our Care Dimensions Hospice House Team
Our hospice team partners with patients and caregivers to develop customized plans that manage illness and honor personal needs and goals. Our interdisciplinary team brings together the skills and experience of:
- Board certified physicians specializing in hospice care coordinating care with primary physician and specialists
- Specially trained nurses manage symptoms and pain
- Hospice aides assist with daily care and housekeeping
- Social workers help patients and families cope with emotional and practical issues
- Chaplains offer non-denominational spiritual support
- Trained volunteers provide companionship and help make visitors comfortable
- Bereavement counselors help families prepare for death and cope with grief
Supporting the New Care Dimensions Hospice House
To learn more about how you can financially support the new Care Dimensions Hospice House, please contact our Philanthropy Department at 978-223-9786.