Construction Underway on New Greater Boston Hospice House
In September 2016, Care Dimensions broke ground on the construction of its new Greater Boston Hospice House, located on a 12-acre parcel on the Lincoln/Waltham town line. Scheduled to be completed in November of 2017, the new hospice house will feature 18 private patient suites, including two state-of-the-art pediatric suites. Like the Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers, this new house will be a home-like setting where hospice patients can receive hospital-level 24-hour care from an experienced interdisciplinary care team, and where visiting family members can spend quality time, including overnight stays, with their loved one.
With the acquisition of Partners Hospice in 2011, Care Dimensions expanded its service area and dramatically increased the number of patients it serves. Many of these patients reside in Middlesex, Suffolk and Norfolk counties, a significant distance from Danvers. The need for a new inpatient facility to provide care options for patients who need acute pain and symptom management closer to the MetroWest and Greater Boston area has become more urgent. In 2016, Care Dimensions cared for more than 1500 patients who lived within 15 miles of the site of the new house.
A Home Away From Home
The Greater Boston Hospice House will feature many of the same attributes that have made Kaplan House such a refuge for patients and families, including:
- 18 private suites with wheelchair-accessible bathrooms; two rooms will be equipped for pediatric patients
- Tastefully decorated home-like rooms that encourage the display of personal items and photographs, and have window seats or openings to patios with views of the gardens and natural surroundings
- Considerable space to accomodate reclining chairs and comfortable couches, allowing loved ones to stay overnight
- A warm, welcoming atmosphere with fully-equipped kitchens, living rooms, chapel, library, children's areas, meeting room and counseling areas
- A serene, tranquil environment with lovely gardens, pathways and views of the Cambridge Reservoir
- Easy access, centrally located close to I-95/Route 128
Supporting the New House
To learn more about the capital campaign and ways you can support the new Greater Boston Hospice House, please contact our Philanthropy Department at 978-223-9786.
Care Dimensions will begin recruiting staff to work at the new house in September. To keep updated on current job opporutnities, click here please sign up for our careers newsletter.