Caring for Your Family Like You’re a Part of Ours
Care Dimensions helps patients and their families make the most out of every day. Our hospice care program provides expert medical care and innovative pain and symptom management to adults and children living with life-limiting illnesses, mixed with compassion and gentleness that brings comfort and peace.
Our professional hospice team considers every medical, emotional and spiritual need. We serve as a source of strength for patients and their loved ones—a valued 24/7 resource, supporting them every step of the way.
At Care Dimensions, we understand every nuance of hospice care—we’ve been the region’s hospice care leader for 40 years. We know that coping with an advanced illness is challenging for patients and caregivers. Our team approach makes the experience easier by surrounding families with medical expertise and support—wherever patients live.
To learn more about when to start the conversation about hospice, the difference between hospice and palliative care, and other frequently asked questions, you may want to review our "Where do I start?" section.
Care Dimensions offers a continuum of hospice care through all stages of advanced illness:
- Medical care for any diagnosis
- Specialized programs:
- Medication, equipment and service coordination
- 24/7 support
- Pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Caregiver education
- Complementary therapies
- Grief support
Where You Need Us to Be
When it is time for hospice care, Care Dimensions travels to wherever you need us to be. We structure personalized and practical programs that help patients:
- At home
- In assisted living and skilled nursing facilities
- In hospitals
- At our inpatient hospice houses — Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers and the Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln
Our Hospice Care Team
Care Dimensions has a highly-trained staff dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. Our hospice team partners with patients and caregivers to develop customized plans that manage illness and honor personal needs and goals. With proper pain control and symptom management, we help patients be as independent as possible. We teach caregivers how to provide daily care for their loved ones and what to expect as illness progresses. With Care Dimensions by your side, you will never feel alone.
Our interdisciplinary team brings together the skills and experience of:
- Board certified physician specializing in hospice care coordinates care with primary physician and specialists
- Specially trained nurse manages symptoms and pain and ensures all needs are met
- Hospice aide assists with daily care and housekeeping
- Social worker helps patients and families cope with emotional and practical issues
- Chaplain offers non-denominational spiritual support
- Complementary therapist relieves stress through music, art, massage and more
- Trained volunteer provides companionship and help with errands
- Bereavement counselor helps families prepare for death and cope with grief
Quality and Experience
Since 1978, Care Dimensions has provided comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals and families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. As the non-profit leader in advanced illness care, we offer services in more than 95 communities in Eastern Massachusetts. Our services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans, with generous support from the community.
Timing is Everything
Crucial Support Eases Stress on Caregivers
Engaging Hospice Early Enables Patient to Fulfill Wish to Die at Home
Dana-Farber oncologist/researcher Barrett Rollins, MD, explains why hospice care is so vital for patients with advanced disease based on his personal experience caring for his wife, Jane Weeks, MD.
Care Dimensions Hospice House Video Tour
The Care Dimensions Hospice House, located in Lincoln on the Waltham town line, is a gracious and private home-like setting for patients who need hospital-level care for complex pain and symptom management. To learn more, call our Referral Center at 888-287-1255.
Want to learn more about caring for your loved one at home? Download a copy of Caring with Confidence: The Patient and Family Guide to Hospice Care.