Kaplan Family Hospice House Offers Alternative to Hospitalization
Home Away from Home
Sometimes situations arise that make it difficult for adults and children receiving hospice care to be cared for at home. The Kaplan Family Hospice House offers an alternative to hospitalization for such patients.
Located off Route 128 in a quiet residential neighborhood in Danvers (directions), Kaplan House is a warm, homelike setting where patients receive hospital-level medical care, comfort and support. Private suites overlook landscaped gardens and comfortable common areas include a welcoming kitchen, family rooms, children’s play areas, a chapel and library. Friends and family are welcome any time.
Patient care is managed by a team of board-certified physicians, nurses, hospice aides, social workers and chaplains—all with extensive end-of-life experience.
Take a Video Tour of Kaplan House
Care Dimensions Helps Young Father Meet End-of-Life Goals
Family of North Shore Surgeon Finds Comfort at Kaplan House
Kaplan House Features
Kaplan House, the first freestanding hospice facility in Massachusetts licensed to provide hospital-level care, offers:
- Private suites with wheelchair-accessible bathrooms
- Private patios overlooking landscaped gardens and wetlands. Patient beds can be wheeled outside.
- Fold-out couch for an overnight guest
- Living rooms and comfortable common spaces
- Children’s playroom
- In-room TV with cable and WiFi internet access
- Country kitchen and dining area
- Outdoor gardens
To view a photo album of the Kaplan House, click here.
Levels of Care
Kaplan House admits patients from home or upon discharge from the hospital. We provide different levels of care:
- Inpatient/acute care for complex pain and symptom management
- Respite care to relieve caregivers, based on availability
- Short-term residential care, based on availability and requires a room and board charge
Making Yourself at HomeVisitors are welcome at any time. Care Dimensions affirms the equal visitation rights to the Kaplan House for all patients and visitors without regard to their race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Download a copy of our Patient and Family Guide to learn more and make yourself feel at home at the Kaplan Family Hospice House.
Our Kaplan House Team
Our hospice team partners with patients and caregivers to develop customized plans that manage illness and honor personal needs and goals. Our interdisciplinary team brings together the skills and experience of:
- Board certified physician specializing in hospice care coordinates care with primary physician and specialists
- Specially trained nurse manages symptoms and pain
- Hospice aide assists with daily care and housekeeping
- Social worker helps patients and families cope with emotional and practical issues
- Chaplain offers non-denominational spiritual support
- Trained volunteer provides companionship and help with errands
- Bereavement counselor helps families prepare for death and cope with grief
Quality and Experience
Since 1978, Care Dimensions has provided comprehensive and compassionate care for individuals and families dealing with life-threatening illnesses. As the non-profit leader in advanced illness care, we offer services in more than 95 communities in Eastern Massachusetts. Our services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans, with generous support from the community.
Kaplan Family Hospice House
To view an album of Kaplan House photos, click here.
A Mother's Final Wish
Elaine Saad's final wish was to see her son get married. Kaplan House staff arranged for a wedding blessing to take place on the patio outside her room and wheeled her bed out so she could join in. Watch the video to learn more about Elaine's story.
78 Liberty Street, Danvers, MA 01923