Time to Serve
Care Dimensions provides respectful medical care and compassionate support for seriously ill veterans. Having achieved Level IV partnership status of the We Honor Veterans program, we have joined forces with the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) professionals and the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization to provide the highest quality and improve access to end-of-life care for military veterans. We understand the medical issues unique to various branches and eras of military service and offer hospice care that meets these needs, wherever veterans live.
Where You Need Us to Be
Care Dimensions cares for veterans wherever they call home:
- Home of the veteran or caregiver
- Senior housing, assisted living and skilled-nursing facilities
- Group homes, residences, foster care or homeless shelters
- VA nursing home care units and VA medical centers
- State Veterans home
- Our inpatient hospice houses—the Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers and the Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln
Our veterans program provides a full range of services for any life-limiting condition. Services include:
- Individualized pain and symptom relief plan that addresses medical and psychological issues common in veterans
- Disease-specific programs
- Kaplan House and the Care Dimensions Hospice House for respite care or symptom management
- Medication, supplies and equipment
- 24/7 medical, emotional and spiritual support
- Assistance identifying and securing resources and benefits for veterans and dependents
- Veteran-to-veteran volunteer program
- Formal recognition and appreciation for military service
- Assistance with military funeral and memorial planning
- Caregiver education
- Complementary therapies
- Grief support
Patient Thrives on Hospice Care with Veteran Volunteer
Joe MacDonald's health rebounded on hospice care. He especially enjoyed the companionship of his Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer Tom Pendergast.
Our Veterans Program Team
Care Dimensions helps patients and caregivers communicate needs, navigate the healthcare system and plan for the future. Our interdisciplinary team brings together the skills and experience of:
- Board certified physician specializing in hospice and palliative care coordinates care with primary physician and specialists
- Specially trained nurse manages symptoms and pain
- Hospice aide assists with daily care and housekeeping
- Social worker helps patients and families cope with emotional and practical issues
- Chaplain offers non-denominational spiritual support
- Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer provides companionship
- Complementary therapist relieves stress through music, art, massage and more
- Bereavement counselor helps families prepare for death and cope with grief
Payment for Hospice Care
Veterans may be eligible to receive payment for hospice services through several programs. Veterans who are:
- Enrolled with the VA health system may be covered by the VA benefit
- Eligible for Medicare are covered by the Medicare hospice benefit
- Eligible for Medicaid are covered by the Medicaid hospice benefit
- Enrolled in private insurance plans may be covered by their insurance policy
Refer a Patient
It is never too soon to learn about our veterans program. Anyone can make a referral. Simply call our Referral Center at 888-283-1722 to ask questions or schedule a consultation or fill out our secure online referral form.
We Honor Veterans Award Nominations
Do you know someone who goes "above and beyond" to help veterans in our communities? Nominate them for the We Honor Veterans Award. This November, Care Dimensions will honor people who have improved the lives of veterans in our communities at a recognition luncheon in Woburn.
Showing Appreciation for Military Veterans
Care Dimensions presents all military veterans with a Freedom Stone in recognition of their service to our country.
Read stories about our staff and volunteers who go the extra mile to ensure that veterans receive the care they deserve.