October 5, 2021
Care Dimensions COVID Precautions - Updated
The health and safety of our patients, their families, staff, and volunteers are Care Dimensions’ top priorities. We continuously monitor developments in the COVID-19 pandemic and closely follow the guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH).
Seeing our patients regularly and frequently is essential to providing quality hospice, palliative care and HomeMD primary care services. Care Dimensions employees are fully trained in infection control practices and comply with OSHA regulations and DPH guideline concerning universal health care precautions. In addition, during this response to COVID-19, we have activated the following procedures:
- All employees and volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 10, 2021, unless they have received a medical or religious exemption.
- Employees and volunteers are required to stay home when feeling sick. They must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to work.
- Employees and volunteers are required to complete a pre-screening form daily for symptoms.
- Employees and volunteers who have had prolonged close contact to someone with confirmed or presumed diagnosis with COVID-19, must report this to their manager to assess whether they need to test or self-quarantine for 10 days.
- We are working with each hospital and nursing facility to comply with their individual regulations and screening of our staff.
- Visitors to our hospice houses (Kaplan Family Hospice House in Danvers and the Care Dimensions Hospice House in Lincoln) have been restricted to 4 visitors at at a time. Visitors are screened upon entrance for symptoms and potential COVID-19 exposure, and must wear a mask at all times while in the hospice house. Common areas of the houses are closed and visitors must stay in patient rooms.
- Cleaning services at our offices and hospice houses include enhanced disinfection of all high-touch surfaces such as doorknobs, handles, counters and railings and common equipment.
- Support groups, volunteer training, and professional and community education trainings are offered online.
- Routine work-related meetings are being held virtually with video and teleconferencing.
- Care Dimensions equips clinical staff with personal protective equipment (PPE) such as masks, gowns and goggles.
Care Dimensions is committed to keeping our patients, families, staff and volunteers healthy. If you have any questions about a patient’s care plan or want more information about our risk-mitigation approaches, please contact us at 888-283-1722 or email us at CovidQuestions@CareDimensions.org
Thank you for your patience and partnership in ensuring a safe and healthy environment for all.
Care Dimensions Hospice House Video Tour
The Care Dimensions Hospice House, located in Lincoln on the Waltham town line, is a gracious and private home-like setting for patients who need hospital-level care for complex pain and symptom management. To learn more, call our Referral Center at 888-287-1255.