May 28, 2021
Updated Hospice House Visitor Guidelines
Due to the evolving nature of COVID-19 precautions and regulations, and with the utmost concern for the health and safety of our patients, families and staff, we are restricting visitors at our hospice houses.
- Visitors are limited to 2 visitors at a time.
- Visitors will be screened based on CDC guidelines:
- Have you experienced symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, confusion, chills, body aches, new onset headache, loss of taste and/or smell, abdominal pain, or diarrhea?
- Have you or any family members traveled outside of Massachusetts within the last 14 days?
(As of March 22, 2021, all visitors entering Massachusetts, including returning residents, are advised to quarantine for 10 days upon their arrival unless they have received a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival or if they are fully vaccinated for COVID. Out of state travelers will need to show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test as they enter the hospice houses, or wait the quarantine period.)
- Have you or any family member had close contact with anyone that has been quarantined, infected, or awaiting COVID-19 test results?
If you answered Yes to any of these questions, please call the Nurses Station at the appropriate site for additional guidance on visiting: Kaplan House: 978-223-9760; Care Dimensions Hospice House: 781-728-1980.
- Visitors to healthcare facilities must continue to wear a mask at all times while at the hospice house, even if they are fully vaccinated.
- All common areas in our hospice houses are closed and all visitors must remain in the patient rooms.
- Please maintain social distances of 6 ft. from staff and other visitors.
We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family, and we hope that you understand the necessity of these precautions. During this time, we suggest you consider using video technologies like FaceTime or Skype to facilitate visits with friends and extended family.
If you have any additional questions, please call 888-283-1722 and ask for the clinical director or designee for either hospice house.
Thank you for assisting us in protecting patients, families, staff and our community during this challenging time.
Care Dimensions Hospice House Video Tour
The Care Dimensions Hospice House, located in Lincoln on the Waltham town line, is a gracious and private home-like setting for patients who need hospital-level care for complex pain and symptom management. To learn more, call our Referral Center at 888-287-1255.