Traveling Grief’s Journey Together
Grief has no timetable. It may come in waves during the turbulent months of a loved one’s illness and then intensify after he or she has passed away. Each experience is unique and deeply personal. Emotions run the gamut from sadness, anxiety and guilt to anger, helplessness and depression. Whatever the reaction, Care Dimensions will be by your side, offering support and comfort – helping you cope and move forward.
Our licensed bereavement counselors support anyone who has experienced a death, regardless of whether their loved one received care from Care Dimensions. With its scope of services and staff, our grief support program is the most comprehensive in Massachusetts.
We help families understand what they’ve been going through, identify resources and provide options for learning more about grief and feelings, individually and in groups. We also teach people how to support and comfort others who are grieving. Services include:
- Individual consultation and referrals
- Workshops and support groups
- Bereavement resources
- Community education programs
- Remembrance and tribute programs
Our Grief Team
Care Dimensions has the largest and most experienced staff of grief specialists in the region. Our team includes:
- Licensed bereavement counselors
- Certified child life specialists
- Trained peer support group facilitators
- Trained bereavement volunteers
Here for You When You Need Us
There’s never a wrong time to call for grief support. Call us:
- When children are affected by the loss of a loved one and need support expressing their feelings
- If you are concerned about a friend or loved one who is grieving
- When a loss has affected your business, congregation or school, and you want guidance on how to comfort and support those who are grieving
Supporting Care Dimensions’ Bereavement Programs
Community support makes it possible for us to provide most of our services without charge, enabling anyone in the community to access the support they need, whether or not their loved one was a Care Dimensions patient. Consider supporting us as a volunteer or with your tax deductible donation. With your help, we can continue our mission of healing.
You are invited to honor your loved one through one of Care Dimensions’ commemorative fundraising efforts such as our Memorial Donations, Brick Tribute or Tree of Lights. To learn more, visit Ways to Give.
Stories of Grief and Healing
Read Ellen Frankel’s article in the Huffington Post about her experience as a bereavement counselor at Care Dimensions.
Upcoming Support Groups
In March, we will be offering a support group for people grieving the loss of their adult child. Please click here for details.